Door Buddy – The Adjustable Door Strap The Dilemma: Your
baby has finally reached the crawling milestone! The world (your house) is
their oyster and exploring is the main mission of the day. This is great until
their curiosity takes them to places and rooms where they can get into
trouble. This is especially true if you have an indoor cat and you need to
keep your baby away from the cat food and litter box. The Story: We were in
the exact same situation when our daughter started crawling. She was
constantly navigating to the laundry room with the cat food and litter box. We
considered a cat door but did not want to cut a hole in our door. We tried a
baby gate but it was so cumbersome to use. Plus, our cat simply refused to
jump over it. One thing led to another and out of necessity, Door Buddy was
born. What is Door Buddy? Door Buddy is an Adjustable Door Strap that allows
the door to open wide enough for cats to easily enter and exit the room as
they want while keeping it narrow enough so babies cannot get in! Door Buddy
lets cats in and keeps babies out. Why Door Buddy? Because it is simple to
use, non-invasive, convenient and it works! Use the adjuster to customize the
width of the door opening (typically between 2″ to 6″) to work with the exact
sizes of your cat and baby. It is perfect for new parents with cats that just
don’t want to deal with the hassle of a baby gate or for those who are not
ready for the daunting task of cutting a permanent hole in their door to
install a cat door. Use Door Buddy to block access to your laundry room,
bathroom, closet, bedroom, cat’s favorite hang-out room or any interior room
with a door. Door Buddy installs in seconds using strong 3M VHB adhesive tape.
The latch is easy to lock and unlock with one hard from either side of the
door for quick and convenient access to the room. Door Buddy keeps the door
ajar allowing for proper airflow which will help regulate the temperature
between rooms and also prevent isolated rooms from getting stuffy and stale. I
have a toddler, will it work for me? Maybe yes. Maybe No. It depends on what
you consider toddler. It is usually best to start using Door Buddy early when
your baby just starts crawling. Then, when they reach the toddler stage they
will know that room is “off-limits” already. If you start using Door Buddy
when your little one is older than 2 years old then there is a chance that
they will be able to push hard enough for the adhesives to come off. However,
please review the INSTALLATION GUIDE provided for alternative methods of
installation for greater strength and resistance to pressure. Just remember
that Door Buddy is intended to be a deterrent only and is meant to make your
and your cat’s life easier. Like any baby-proofing product, it is not a
substitute for proper adult supervision. Will it work for my door? Off course!
Door Buddy works great on standard and non-standard doors, left and right
swinging doors, doors that push or pull open, pocket doors, double doors, and
even bi-fold doors. Because it sticks to your door and door frame using
adhesive (some really strong adhesive) you will have the flexibility to
install it in a way that will work best for your situation. Just be sure to
install it on your door and door frame only. Do NOT install on drywall or
wallpaper. So, what are you waiting for? Make life easier with Door Buddy by
choosing the easier way to give your cats a new safe space to eat, use the
litter box, or just a place where your little one can’t chase or bug them!
- Door Buddy Door Lock is perfect for keeping your baby and early stage toddler (best for little ones younger than 2) out of the room with the cat food and litter box while still allowing your cat to have easy access.
- EASY TO USE AND INSTALLS IN SECONDS ==> Simple lock and unlock door latch provides easy and convenient adult access to the room being isolated. Strong 3M VHB adhesive tape forms a strong bond to most interior door types (includes 2 EXTRA adhesives).
- ADJUSTABLE STRAP ==> Use the tri-glide adjuster to customize the width of door opening to fit your needs. Can be used to block crawling baby, early stage toddler, big dog, little dog and even a cat from entering the designated room.
- BABY PROOF ANY ROOM WITH A DOOR ==> Great for blocking access to any unwanted and unsafe room like laundry, bathroom, closet, bedroom or office.
- EASIER ALTERNATIVE ==> Stop struggling with complicated and expensive products like baby gates, pet gates, covered litter boxes, top entry litter boxes, litter box furniture, door knob covers and cat doors. Door Buddy is the easier and convenient solution.
- Item Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 1.5 x 0.8 inches
- UPC: 820103118477
- Item model number: DBB
- Safety warning: Adult installation required. Install out of reach of children. This product is only a deterrent. It is not a substitute for proper adult supervision. Door Buddy is ideal for crawling babies and early stage toddlers. However, please keep in mind that due to the nature of the product older children that forcefully push the door may be able to exert enough pressure to cause the adhesive to separate from the door or door frame.
- Material Type: BPA Free
- Best uses: Door Buddy should not be installed on your actual wall as it is designed for the door and door frame only.
- Batteries required: No
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.