Demon Days is the second studio album by Gorillaz. The
album features the hit singles “Feel Good Inc.”, “DARE”, “Kids With Guns”, and
“El Mañana”, with contributions from De La Soul, Neneh Cherry, Martina Topley-
Bird, Roots Manuva, MF DOOM, Ike Turner, Bootie Brown of the Pharcyde, Shaun
Ryder, Dennis Hopper, the London Community Gospel Choir, and the Children’s
Choir of San Fernandez. A side project doesn’t usually hit gold,
especially when said project is a quirky virtual collective fronted by cartoon
characters. But the first, self-titled album by Gorillaz–the brainchild of
illustrator Jamie Hewlett and Blur frontman Damon Albarn–actually hit
platinum and turned into a surprise worldwide hit. Naturally expectations were
a lot higher for Gorillaz’s sophomore effort, but Demon Days actually is even
better than its predecessor. With producer Dan “the Automator” Nakamura gone,
Albarn, a.k.a. 2D, has paired up with DJ Danger Mouse (responsible for the
infamous Grey Album that illegally mixed the Beatles and Jay-Z) to steer the
musical ship, while a whole new slew of guests enlivens the proceedings.
Albarn has described Demon Days as being darker, but there’s a real kooky
dance-party vibe coursing through the CD. Despite its somber tone, “Kids with
Guns” is lifted by a killer bass line, for instance, while the catchy first
single, “Feel Good Inc,” is augmented by an appealing contribution from De La
Soul. Other noteworthy guests include Roots Manuva and Tricky collaborator
Martina Topley-Bird on the dubby “All Alone” and Happy Mondays singer Shaun
Ryder on the bouncy “DARE.” And yet it’s a 69-year-old actor who gets to
deliver the most baffling contribution–just listen to Dennis Hopper’s spoken-
word narrative on “Fire Coming Out of the Monkey’s Head.” Elisabeth
Vincentelli See all Editorial Reviews
- Audio CD (May 23, 2005)
- Original Release Date: May 24, 2005
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Parlophone
- #269 in Alternative Rock (CDs & Vinyl)
- #87 in Pop Rap (CDs & Vinyl)
- #79 in Adult Alternative (CDs & Vinyl)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.