Where minimal design meets maximum utility. The Pilar is a super compact
everyday carry folder with distinctive minimalist design and an epic tale
behind its name. It’s low profile and understated when tucked away, and
carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use. Jesper Voxnaes
designed the Pilar in his Logstrup, Denmark shop, and named it after Ernest
Hemingway’s beloved boat—the 38-foot long vessel that he used for renegade
surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. The world-
famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and
fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like
the Pilar for his daily endeavors. The 2.4” flat grind blade features a satin
finish and the fine, but strong tip is useful for more detailed tasks. It’s
deployed from its stainless steel handle with a thumb slot opening mechanism
and is secured with a frame lock for your safety. The modern Hemingway is the
ultimate Renaissance man, and the Pilar is the knife that will stand up to the
challenge.Specifications:Blade Length: 2.402″ (61.01 mm)Edge: PlainSteel:
8Cr13MoVBlade Finish: SatinBlade Thickness: 0.145″ (3.68 mm)Grind: FlatClosed
Length: 3.530″ (89.66 mm)Open Length: 5.938″ (150.83 mm)Weight: 4.2 oz
(119.07g)Handle: Stainless SteelStyle: Folding Knife with Frame Lock
- Thumb Slot Blade Deployment
- Satin Blade Finish
- Bead Blast Handle Finish
- Designed by Jesper Voxnaes in Loegstrup, Denmark
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, see company site for details
- Part Number: 5311
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.1 x 0.4 inches
- Item model number: 5311
- Color: Satin Blade / SS Handle
- Style: Classic
- Finish: Satin
- Material: 8Cr13MoV Blade, Stainless Steel Handle
- Shape: Sheep Foot
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Number Of Pieces: 1
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Measurement System: Imperial
- Included Components: CRKT 5311, Pamphlet
- Batteries Included?: No
- Batteries Required?: No
- Warranty Description: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Date First Available: February 7, 2017
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.