Review James Gurney’s series of illustrated fantasy adventure stories,
beginning with 1992’s Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time, produced a generation
raised on Gurney’s highly realistic paintings of an entirely unreal
subject…. Still it was no surprise to the author-artist-blogger and his
long-time publisher Andrews McMeel when his recently released second volume of
art instruction, Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter, became a
bestseller for AMP immediately upon its release in December 2010, selling out
its 10,000-copy run in just two months. (Mark Schulz, Publishers
Weekly)Dinotopia author and plein-air painter Gurney offers a practical, well-
organized, and informative handbook for artists of all levels. (Chronogram
Magazine)This is a terrific book, highly recommended not only for young
artists but anyone with an interest in traditional art technique. (Karen
Haber, Locus) Read more About the Author James Gurney’s unique blending of
fact and fantasy has won Hugo, Chesley, Spectrum, and World Fantasy Awards.
His work has been featured in one-man exhibitions at the Smithsonian
Institution, the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Delaware Art Museum, and the U.S.
embassies in Switzerland and Yemen. He lives with his wife, Jeanette, in the
Hudson Valley of New York State. Read more
- Series: James Gurney Art (Book 2)
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing; 13642nd edition (November 30, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0740797719
- ISBN-13: 12
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 0.6 x 10.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.