Cold Steel has been a long time believer in the ferocious cutting power of a
well-designed Viking Axe. Until recently, we lacked the technical ability to
make one to our satisfaction. However, with our new state-of-the-art forging
facility, we can offer our customers something truly exceptional. Our Viking
Axe’s formidably long, thin blade is fully polished and hand sharpened to a
bone-splitting, shield shattering edge. It comes with a robust 10″ cutting
surface that terminates in two sharp horns or points. Traditionally, the
longer top point was used for stabbing, gouging, or parrying, while the
slightly shorter bottom point was used to capture an opponent’s shield or to
hook and immobilize his neck, arms, or legs. To maximize leverage, strength,
and dexterity of movement, the Viking Axe is equipped with a very strong,
resilient haft. Made in Maine from the best hickory available, it enhances and
amplifies our Viking Axe’s lethal potential as a cutting, chopping and
- Hawk Length: 9 5/8″
- Handle: 48″ Long. Hickory
- Overall Length: 52″
- Steel: 1055 Carbon
- Primary Edge: 10 1/3″
- Blade Thick: 3mm
- Hawk Length: 9-5/8″
- Handle Length: 48″
- Product Dimensions: 48 x 14 x 3 inches ; 7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 13 pounds
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 89VA
- #89 in Camping Axes & Hatchets
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.