The word OLeatherneck’ has become synonymous with the
famous U.S. Marines since 1776 when Congress compelled all Marines to wear a
thick, high leather collar (known in the vernacular of the day as a “stock”).
This collar served two purposes; First, it helped protect one’s neck from
sword and cutlass blows, and second, it forced a Marine to keep his head up
straight, exhibiting the military posture that was fashionable at the time.
Today, after two centuries of personal sacrifice on and off the battlefield,
our Leathernecks enjoy the love, respect, and admiration of every true
American and it is to them we dedicate the inaugural model of a new series of
battle ready knives. The Leatherneck-SF (for Semper-Fi) features a hand-honed
razor sharp clip point blade. It’s flat ground from top to bottom, creating a
shallow “V” shaped cross section that has proven ideal for cutting slicing,
and shearing through a wide variety of materials. To keep the fingers from
sliding forward on to its keen edge, the Leatherneck-SF comes with a
substantial guard. Made of thick steel with double quillons that are turned
slightly forward, it provides excellent protection for the hand, especially in
close combat, while offering minimal interference in the use of the knife when
performing utility tasks. The handle is made of deeply checkered Kraton®, it
totally encloses the knives’ extra wide, full tang and offers unsurpassed
gripping power through its palm hugging oval cross section and unique finger
trough. It’s capped with a thick, machined steel butt cap (not cheap casting
like others) so it can also deliver frightful blows with the butt or double in
an emergency as a hammer. To carry the Leatherneck-SF safely and conveniently
in all environments, it comes with a sturdy Secure-Ex sheath complete with
fully detachable and ambidextrous belt loop. The word “leatherneck”
has become synonymous with the United States Marines since 1776, when Congress
asked all Marines to wear a thick, high leather collar, which served two
purposes. First, it helped protect one’s neck from sword and cutlass blows,
and second, it forced a Marine to keep his head up straight, exhibiting the
military posture that was fashionable at the time. Today, to pay tribute to
Marines’ more than two centuries of sacrifice and heroism, Cold Steel knives
has created the Leatherneck series of battle-ready knifes. The Leatherneck-SF
— short for “Semper Fi” — has a saber ground clip point blade, hollow ground
and honed by hand to razor sharpness. To keep fingers from sliding forward
onto their keen edge, Leatherneck knives come with a substantial guard, made
of thick steel with double quillons that are turned slightly forward and
provide excellent hand protection and minimal interference when performing
utility tasks. The handle is made of deeply checkered Kray-Ex material that
totally encloses an extra-wide, full tang. An oval cross section and unique
finger trough provide impressive grip, and the knife is capped with a thick,
machined steel butt cap for blunt defense or use as a hammer. A sturdy Secure-
Ex sheath with fully detachable and ambidextrous belt loop is also included.
Specifications 6.75-inch blade length 4.75-millimeter blade thickness Five-
inch handle 11.75-inch overall length 10.4-ounce weight Griv-Ex and Kray-Ex
handle SK-5 high German 4116 Stainless Steel Warranty All Cold Steel products
are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are
included with your purchase. About Cold Steel Cold Steel, Incorporated was
founded in 1980, with the goal of making the strongest, sharpest cutlery in
the world for knife enthusiasts. Over the last three-plus decades, the company
has been at the forefront of many design innovations that have helped innovate
the knife industry, including introduction of checked Kraton handles, and the
tanto point blade styles which have become industry hallmarks of quality and
- Leatherneck-SF — short for "Semper Fi" — has saber ground clip point blade, hollow ground and honed by hand to razor sharpness
- Substantial steel guard keeps fingers from sliding forward onto the knife's edge
- Double quillons are turned slightly forward to provide excellent hand protection and minimal interference when performing utility tasks
- 6.75-inch blade length, 4.75-millimeter blade thickness, five-inch handle, 11.75-inch overall length, and 10.4-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer's warranty; details included with purchase
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 4 x 3 inches ; 1.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 39LSF
- #3884 in Hunting Knives
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.