Similar in use to a brewing hydrometer, but measures in a different range
(0-100% alcohol and 0-200 proof). The use of an alcoholmeter is very straight
forward. Pour a sample of the spirit to be tested into a tall glass or high
chemical tolerant plastic cylinder, leaving enough space for the alcoholmeter
to disperse the liquid. In order to obtain the most accurate reading possible,
try to ensure that the liquid is as close to 68 degree F (20’C) as possible,
as this is the temperature that the alcoholmeter has been calibrated to
(should your alcoholmeter be calibrated to a different temperature, which
should be stated on the meter, ensure that your liquid is at the quoted
temperature). Place your alcoholmeter in the sample and spin it do dislodge
any bubbles that may have been in the liquid, and could potentially cause the
alcoholmeter to float slightly higher, resulting in a low reading. Read the
mark where the liquid level crosses the stem of the alcoholmeter. This is your
percentage alcohol by volume.
- Simple to use, just float in your spirits
- Used to measure alcohol content in distilled spirits
- Clear color
- Item Weight: 1.76 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 ounces
- Item model number: 6809
- #15 in Lab Hydrometers
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.