Ceylon Cinnamon- Often times referred to as True Cinnamon,
Mexican Cinnamon or otherwise, cinnamon grown in Sri Lanka is from the
Cinnamomum verum, is a form of evergreen tree. Other cinnamons, while of the
same genus, are technically cassia bark which is a different botanical
classification of evergreen. Cassia cinnamon historically is cheaper and
produces a more harsh and spicy type of cinnamon flavor. For the sake of trade
and purchase today, all species are considered cinnamon and true cinnamon is
the scientific literal translation from its original latin origins of C.
Verum. Ceylon Cinnamon while less common and more expensive than cassia
cinnamon is favored by pastry Chefs in Europe for its soft, delicate and
cleaner cinnamon flavor. A large difference in physical appearance between
Ceylon Cinnamon and Cassia Cinnamon is that Ceylon Cinnamon is filled like a
cigar and its flesh is soft and brittle and easily broken by hand whereas
Cassia Cinnamon or Cassia bark is hardier and woodier and does not break
easily. What is cinnamon and why is Ceylon cinnamon called true cinnamon?
Cinnamon is a spice that is made from the bark of several types of tree
species from the genus Cinnamomun. Celyon cinnamon specifically refers to
Cinnamomun verum, a small evergreen tree that belongs to the Lauraceae family,
native Sri Lanka. It is a rarer variety of cinnamon That is lighter in flavor
and can be unrecognizable to some cinnamon lovers that are more familiar with
cassia cinnamon. Read more How to know if my Cinnamon is Ceylon or a different
variety? To tell the difference between Ceylon cinnamon and other varieties of
cinnamon is easy.Look for how the quill is formed.Ceylon cinnamon is composed
of layer of cinnamon bark that are shaped and formed by hand and resemble a
cigar and filled. Taste Ceylon Cinnamon -Real or True Cinnamon is sweet and
delicate Cassia Cinnamon- Cinnamon Cassia is strong to peppery Color Ceylon
Cinnamon is a light brown/ tan color. Cinnamon Cassia is a reddish brown to
dark brown. Read more What is the correct cinnamon for you? Do you like the
spicy, warm and pepper feel of cassia or more common cinnamon? If so tis is
probably not the right choice for you. Ceylon cinnamon is soft, slightly
citrusy and floral. Grinding will release if full aromatic properties and will
be lightly scented in quill form. We believe it gives a delicate touch to
fresh fruit, teas, icings, and drinks. Ceylon cinnamon is commonly found in
authentic moles, horchata, or Mexican chocolate. Read more This is not Cassia
Cinnamon There is no warm, spicy or peppery notes to this cinnamon. Sri Lankan
cinnamon (aka: Ceylon cinnamon) is like the white wine of cinnamon. it is
smooth and aromatic with hints of citrus, sugar, and butter. That complex
aroma is a perfect all-purpose cinnamon for using in curries, stews, and
pastries. We hope you love this cinnamon as much as we do and find it to be a
wonderful addition to your cooking and flavoring repertoire Read more How is
it grown and harvested? a tree is grown for about 2 years. It is then chopped
down to a stump, from which dozens of small shoots will spring up. The shoots
are allowed to mature and thicken to about two inches in diameter. After the
green outer bark is shaved off, the inner bark is bruised and struck evenly
until it releases from the heart of the wood. Think cleaning hearts of palm.
This inner bark is then removed in large sheets, cut into strips, and air-
dried rolled into quills and dried further before cutting. Read more
- Pure CEYLON CINNAMON QUILLS from Sri Lanka (this is not CASSIA CINNAMON) The Quills are hand rolled, soft and break or crumble easy
- Each Cinnamon Quill measure 5 inch in length. Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Sticks are available in multiple size variations for all your baking or Cinnamon needs. Ceylon cinnamon is also commonly referred to as Mexican Cinnamon or True Cinnamon, it is lighter in flavor and aroma than other varieties of cinnamon and plays a supporting role in recipes rather than taking center stage as other types of cinnamon do
- Ceylon cinnamon is grown in Sri Lanka and harvested once a year. The quills are soft and delicate and should break easy. The fragrance each quill is hand rolled and graded according to its width in diameter. The quills are made from the bark of a small evergreen trees. Ceylon cinnamon Quills once broken give off the sweet aroma that can be described as light, floral, with hints of citrus
- Ceylon Cinnamon is NOT CASSIA CINNAMON or more common varieties of CInnamon, Please READ product description to understand Ceylon cinnamon and how it differs from common household cinnamons before making a buying decision.
- Non Gmo, Gluten Free, all Natural, True Cinnamon that is packed and sealed for freshness, Organically Certified by both USDA and and EU
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
- #55 in Cinnamon
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.