Description: All-purpose thickening alcohol (1-hexadecanol, hexadecyl or
palmityl alcohol), derived from vegetable oils, > 95%, composed of fatty
alcohols. White flakes, no or faint odor. Soluble in diethyl ether & acetone,
slightly soluble in alcohol. Insoluble in cold water. Partially solubility in
hot water (1.34×10-5 g/l).CAS: 36653-82-4INCI Name: Cetyl alcoholBenefits: –
Non-gelling thickener and viscosity enhancer (also in water-free products like
lipsticks) – Has co-emulsifying properties if concentration is higher than 5 %
– Has mild emollient and moisturizing properties – Can boost foam when
together with surfactantsUse: Add to hot oil phase to melt for proper use
(54°C/129°F), usual concentration 0.5-6%. For external use only.Applications:
Lotions, creams, hair shampoos, hair conditioners, body washes, makeup
products.Country of Origin: USARaw material source: Vegetable oilsManufacture:
Cetyl alcohol is made by catalytic hydrogenation of the triglycerides obtained
from vegetable oils and followed by oxidation of a chain growth product of
ethylene oligomerized on a triethylaluminum catalyst.Animal Testing: Not
animal testedGMO: Not tested for GMOsVegan: Does not contain animal-derived
- All-purpose thickening alcohol (1-hexadecanol, hexadecyl or palmityl alcohol), derived from vegetable oils, > 95%, composed of fatty alcohols
- Pure & concentrated ingredient. Not a finished cosmetic product. Use as raw material for making cosmetics or add directly to finished skin care products.
- High-quality product from the USA
- Free Shipping
- Supplied by MakingCosmetics Inc., an ISO certified & FDA registered ingredient supplier
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.