If you look at the words on a printed page through this crystal, you see
double. These natural, nearly transparent crystals exhibit the property of
‘birefringence’, i.e., they can break light into two distinct polarized beams.
By rotating a polarizing filter over the crystal, it is possible to view one
image at a time! This is a great hands-on demonstration and wonderful when
displayed using an overhead projector. Each crystal is about 2 cm x 2 cm x 4
- Related Products
- We cannot honor tax exemptions.
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 0.8 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- #105 in Science Classroom Specimens
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.