Size:4 oz (1/4 lb) Our deluxe organic certified cacao beans are stored in our
special climate controlled, light controlled, dehumidified rooms for only the
best in purity, potency and overall quality! If you need the best then shop at
Florida Herb House. Our organic Cacao chopped beans are also known as
Theobroma cacao, Cocoa beans, Cocoa pods, and Cacao. When you cuddle up with a
steaming cup of hot cocoa during these chilly fall days, you might be
pondering where chocolate comes from. Chocolate comes to us courtesy of the
cacao plant (pronounced ca-cow), Theobroma cacao. The name Theobroma is an
appropriate one as its translation is “food of the gods.” The plant is
believed to have originated in the Amazon area of South America at least 4,000
years ago. The Aztecs and other native groups made a bitter tasting drink from
the roasted beans. The Incas also used the seeds as currency. Most of today’s
commercial production is in eastern Brazil in South America and the Ivory
Coast and other countries of Africa. Why Real Chocolate (Cacao) is Good for
You Cacao has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far,
including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas. In fact, it has up
to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea. Health benefits
of these antioxidants include: -Promote cardiovascular health -Protect from
environmental and metabolic toxins -Help repair and resist damage caused by
free radicals. How To Use Cacao Beans & Nibs If you are using whole beans,
simply crunch them between your fingers to loosen and remove the peel. You can
use the beans whole or grind them in a spice mill/coffee grinder or food
processor. Then add them to smoothies, teas, desserts, raw food bars or any
dish that calls for the delicious flavor of chocolate. They are especially
good when used in recipes with our vanilla beans.
- Pure Organic Cacao Beans!
- Cold Stored In Our Special Climate Controlled Warehouse!
- Versatile For So Many Culinary Applications!
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- #1280 in Baking Cocoa
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.