Don’t waste the parallel port on your inkjet, laser, or high speed printer.
This cable uses the USB port on your PC or hub, so your parallel port remains
free for a zip drive or scanner. Forget the hassles of IRQ sharing by adapting
your printer to USB. If you have multiple printers, you can eliminate the need
for a switchbox by connecting each printer to a USB port. The device is fully
transparent to the user, and is ideal for true bi-directional communication.
This adapter auto-negotiates hardware recognition for faster protocol setup,
and is fully plug-and-play compatible.
- Connect your Parallel, IEEE-1284, printer to a USB port on your PC or hub
- Keeps the parallel port on a PC free by using USB instead
- Connect multiple printers using USB instead of parallel
- Eliminates the need for a switchbox by using USB ports
- This adapter is designed for use with a standard Parallel printer and is not designed to support multi-function printers or other parallel devices. This adapter uses the USB Printing Support function of the operating system and is not designed to create a LPT port.
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 2 inches
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: 16898
- National Stock Number: 5995-01-577-8070
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.