Asclepias tuberosa, also known as Butterfly Milkweed, Butterfly Weed, and
Pleurisy Root. Unlike many of the other milkweeds, this one prefers a dryer
soil and must be planted in full sun. Another major difference between this
plant and other milkweed is that this one does not have a milky sap. The
orange and yellow blooms are out from mid Summer to early Fall. This milkweed
attracts all kinds of wildlife, bringing in several different birds, bees, and
butterflies. The hummingbirds are especially interested in this plant. This
Plant is a Host Plant for the Monarch and the Queen butterflies. In places
where there is no oleander Cold stratification is very important for the
germination and growth of Milkweed. It helps to break the seeds natural
dormancy cycle by exposing the seed to winter-like temperatures that help
soften or crack its hard outer casing. Without prolonged exposure to cold
temperatures, your milkweed seed is unlikely to sprout.
- Pure Live Seed, US Native, not introduced alien
- A 2' to 3' tall native perennial with clusters of bright orange flowers that attract butterflies
- Suitable for Zones 3 – 9 Perennial Plant that will Retun Each Year
- Before planting, Milkweed seeds need to go through a period of cold stratification.
- Package Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 0.2 inches
- Item Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Manufacturer: Seeds2Go
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.