Size:S, 4 pack Key Feature: Sponge filter provide both mechanical and
biological filtration, also, the air infusion chamber produces minute bubbles
which increase the oxygen solubility Easy to set up: simply install an airline
into the unit and turn on the air pump Easy to clean: simply rinse and squeeze
sponge in tank water Recommend tank size: up to 10 gallon, excellent for small
size fish like dwarf cichlid, guppy, killifish etc., or for hatcheries,
maternity tanks, and fry tanks, as the filter produces minimal current and has
almost no way to suck the fish through the filter Specification: Model:
XY-2831 Product Dimension: 4”L x 1.8”W x 6.25”H Sponge Dimension: 1.8”D x
3.0”H Package includes: 4 pieces of sponge filter How Does It Work? A sponge
filter uses bubbles of air from an external air pump, or an integral water
pump to draw water through the sponge. As water is drawn out through the lift
tube or pump, it is replaced by water entering the sponge. The surface of all
the bubbles or pockets in the sponge provides a bed for the bacteria of a
biological filter. The bacteria help to break down harmful waste (ammonia and
nitrite). What Maintenance Does It Require? The sponge will need to be rinsed
every time it becomes dirty, about once every 2 to 4 weeks. It’s helpful to
reserve the beneficial bacteria by washing the sponge gently with water from
the fish tank instead of tap water. After 3 to 6 months’ usage, the micro
holes of sponge is gradually clogged by the tiny debris, the beneficial
bacteria won’t have as much living space as before. So it is also recommended
to replace the sponge once every three to six month or when the sponge gets
- Sponge filter provide both mechanical and biological filtration, also, the air infusion chamber produces minute bubbles which increase the oxygen solubility
- EASY TO SET UP & CLEAN: Simply install an airline into the unit and turn on the air pump, simply rinse and squeeze sponge in tank water
- RECOMMEND TANK SIZE: Up to 10 gallon, excellent for small size fish like dwarf cichlid, guppy, killifish etc., or for hatcheries, maternity tanks, and fry tanks, as the filter produces minimal current and has almost no way to suck the fish through the filter
- DIMENSION: 4L x 1.8W x 6.25H (XY-2831)
- INCLUDES: 4 pieces of sponge filter
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Item model number: SF-A008x4
- #322 in Aquarium Pumps & Filters
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.