CRYSTAL CASTLES have unveiled details of their fourth studio album AMNESTY
(I)–due out August 19 (Casablanca Records)–alongside new single Char, which
premiered today (July 11) as Annie Mac’s Hottest Record on BBC Radio 1.
Following visual previews of new songs Femen and Concrete, Char is the first
single to be unveiled from the forthcoming album, the follow-up to 2012’s
critically acclaimed III. An electronic lullaby that is both hard-hitting and
tender at the same time, with poignant vocals from Edith Frances, Char is
quintessential CRYSTAL CASTLES.Known for their chaotic live shows and
visceral, melancholic homemade productions,CRYSTAL CASTLES released a trilogy
of critically acclaimed albums between 2008-2013. Their last album III was the
Tumblr and Hype Machine album of the year for2013, and NME’s 4 album of the
year. In 2015 they released the standalone tracks Frail and Deicide with new
member Edith Frances. Across its 12 tracks, AMNESTY (I) explores the sonic and
atmospheric range that listeners have learned to expect from a CRYSTAL CASTLES
record. From gothic electronic paeans to distorted digital raves, from
cinematic synth and noise crescendos to hip-hop and trap infused synth pop, it
is uniformly compelling, uncompromising and anchored in feeling. In support of
the album, CRYSTAL CASTLES have announced a run of North American and European
live dates. They’ve played only a small handful of shows in the past two
years, so the new dates present an opportunity to experience the new songs
from AMNESTY (I).
- Vinyl (August 19, 2016)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Casablanca
- #1509 in Electronica (CDs & Vinyl)
- #3304 in Dance Pop (CDs & Vinyl)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.