Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is an intensely aromatic
tree native to South America. A relative of frankincense and myrrh, Palo Santo
has a sweet scent with hints of vanilla, mint, and citrus. Its name translates
to “Holy Wood” in Spanish, and has been used by saints and shamans alike for
centuries. When burned, Palo Santo releases a fragrant smoke which many
believe to uplift energy and aid in spiritual purification. Use it to promote
calm, relieve stress, and dispel misfortune. Burn it before meditation to
clear thoughts or focus concentration. Thank you for choosing Alternative
Imagination Palo Santo. Our Palo Santo is sustainably sourced from the dry
tropical forests of South America, where it is gathered from naturally fallen
trees – never from living trees, which harms the tree and would contribute to
deforestation. Each bag may contain hand-cut pieces and milled pieces. The
hand-cut brings a more natural look and feel to the incense while the milled
uses more of the wood to reduce waste. There is no difference in burning time
or aroma when it comes to how the wood is cut. Due to the natural variations
of wood, please expect some differences in size, density, coloration, and
aroma intensity in your incense bundle. Burning Instructions: Hold Palo Santo
over an open flame, tilting the end down at a 45 degree angle. Once lit, let
the wood burn visibly for one minute, relighting as necessary. Blow out the
Palo Santo stick and allow to smolder. Because of Palo Santo’s particular
resinous quality, the embers may self extinguish after a few minutes. This
means the wooden incense can be relit and enjoyed many times. 20 pieces of
Palo SantoEach stick measures approximately 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
May contain hand-cut and milled piecesAs with many natural products, some
variations may occur.
- 20 Pieces of high quality, true Palo Santo (Bursar graveolens)
- Sustainably & ethically sourced in South America
- Harvested from naturally fallen trees
- Individual sticks vary in size and weight; average 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide
- May contain hand-cut pieces and milled pieces
- Package Dimensions: 4.5 x 4.5 x 1.3 inches
- Item Weight: 4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces
- Manufacturer: Alternative Imagination
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.