When Akai Professional’s original APC40 arrived in 2009, it set a new standard
for controller design, revolutionized hardware and software integration, and
proved to be an essential performance tool for Ableton Live users everywhere.
With the MKII, we did it again. Incorporating five years of user feedback,
almost every aspect of the original APC40 has been deliberated, reworked, and
improved to provide extended controller functionality, countless musical
capabilities, and a smarter workflow. The APC40 MKII comes pre-mapped to
Ableton Live: use the USB connection to your computer for power and get
started without any further configuration. The 5×8 RGB clip-launching grid is
built for dexterous exploration, so you can intelligently perform without
looking at your computer. Eight Device Control knobs make it easy to tweak
device parameters and light up to provide visual feedback of each parameter.
In addition, the Sends button enable users to cycle through all eight send
buses right from their APC40 MKII. APC40 MKII comes packed with a music
production suite that includes a version of Ableton Live, two high-definition
virtual synthesizers, and 5GB of professional samples and loops for immediate
out-of-the-box music creation. Frequently Asked Questions What software is
included with my purchase, and where can I download? The APC40 mkII includes
Ableton Live Lite 9 with PureMagnetik Effects Racks, Hybrid 3, SONiVOX Twist,
Prime Loops sample packs, and Toolroom Records artist launch packs. Ableton
Live lite can be downloaded from ableton.com/en/products/live-lite/. All of
the additional software and samples can be downloaded from your user account
upon registering the product. Is Ableton Live 9 required? Or can I use Ableton
Live 8? The APC40 mkII is supported on Ableton Live 9.1.3 or later for correct
operation. The included Ableton Live Lite 9 Akai Edition is supported and
functions as expected. However, he APC40 mkII can be manually MIDI mapped for
use with earlier versions of Ableton Live. Is the product compatible with the
latest Windows, and Mac operating systems? Since the APC 40 mkII is class
compliant, and does not require a driver install, it is immediately compatible
with all current Windows, and Mac operating systems. Does the product require
an additional power supply? The APC40 mkII is powered by the included USB
cable, and does not require an additional power supply. Technical Specs Knobs
(8) 360° track pan/send/assignable knobs (8) 360° device control knobs (1)
360° cue level knob (1) 360° tempo knob Clip Launch Buttons (40) backlit RGB
buttons in a 8×5 matrix (5) scene launch buttons Faders (8) 45mm track volume
faders (1) 45mm master volume fader (1) 45mm crossfader Inputs / Outputs (1)
USB port (1) 1/4” TS jack for footswitch input Power: USB-powered
Dimensions(width x depth x height; no cable): 16.7” x 10.0” x 1.8” Weight(no
cable): 3.97 lbs Box Contents APC40 mkII USB Cable Ableton Live Lite
(download) User Guide Software Download Card Safety & Warranty Manual
- Compact Ableton Live controller powered by USB connection to computer
- 40 pad (5×8) clip-launch matrix seamlessly integrates 1-to-1 with Ableton Live
- RGB pad feedback for clip status, color coding, and more
- 8 channel faders, 1 master fader, and 8 device controls map to Ableton directly.Premapped controls and plug-and-play setup for maximum portability
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10; multicore processor; 2 GB RAM; Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Item Weight: 3.97 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 16.7 x 1.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- Item model number: APC40 mkII
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.