8 oz. Chef’s Jar – French Grey Sea Salt French Grey Sea
Salt, or Sel Gris, is a culinary delight favored by professional chefs around
the world! This admired delicacy is formed when sea water flows into the
French Guérande Marshes during high tide. It is hand-harvested by salt
workers, using skills and methods over a thousand years old. Sel Gris de
Guérande obtains its natural grey coloring from the salt crystallizing on
clay, which makes it dense in flavor and nutrients. Our French Grey Sea Salt
is 100% all-natural and carries the Nature & Progrès’ certification label from
France. JUST ADD SALT… | FRENCH GREY SEA SALT BY SAN FRANCISCO SALT COMPANY
SEL GRIS – French Grey Sea Salt, or Sel Gris, is favored by gourmet chefs
because of its naturally high moisture content, its complex briny flavor, and
its abundance in minerals. French Grey Sea Salt crystallizes on clay on the
bottom of salt evaporation ponds, which gives it it’s unique characteristic
color, flavor, and nutrients. HAND HARVESTED IN GUÉRANDE FRANCE – Paludiers,
or salt workers, in Guérande France harvest French Grey Sea Salt using
traditional techniques that are more than a thousand years old. Saltwater from
the sea is channeled into shallow marshes and left to evaporate. Once the salt
has formed paludiers rake the ponds collecting the unique crystals formed in
the water. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE – The San Francisco Salt Company is confident
that you will be happy with the quality of our products and stand behind every
single item. San Francisco Salt Company is a trusted supplier of salt since
2002. This salt does not supply iodide, a necessary nutrient. Please note:
Due to its natural harvesting process, this salt may arrive slightly damp
because of natural moisture in the salts. MEMORABLE MEALS – MILD & VERSATILE
FLAVOR An incredibly versatile salt, our French Grey Sea Salt perfectly
complements a variety of foods such as Steak, Roasted Vegetables, Stews, Pies,
Salads, and more! Mains – Steak, Pork, Chicken, & Fish. Sides – Salads,
Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Vegetables, Edamame, & Corn on the Cob. Baked Goods –
Bread, Pies, Tarts, & Dough. USE FOR: CULINARY | COOKING – SEASON TO
PERFECTION Incorporate French Grey in your next salt rub or brine to maximize
the flavor and tenderness of your meat. Add Authentic French Flavor to stews,
vegetables, pastas, sauces and more! Add a touch of French Grey Salt to dark
chocolate to elevate its rich flavor.
- PROFESSIONAL GOURMET SALT – 100% Natural French Grey Salt has a wonderful, mild flavor making it extremely versatile. Use on meats, chowders, shellfish, soups, pastas, sauces and more.
- INSTANTLY ENHANCES MEALS – Enrich meals and add depth to your dishes with a sprinkle of all-natural, hand harvested French Grey Salt. Carries the highly distinguished 'Nature & Progres' certification label from Guerande, France.
- AUTHENTIC & HAND HARVESTED – Harvested in the Celtic region of France using techniques more than a thousand years old. French Grey Sea Salt is Kosher Certified, Non-GMO, and does not contain any MSG, Soy, Gluten, Dairy, or anti-caking agents. Packaged in our U.S.A., SQF Quality code, Organic compliant facility.
- AVAILABLE IN FINE OR COARSE GRAIN – Choose Fine Grain to sprinkle directly on food or Coarse Grain for use in a salt mill/grinder. SEE IMAGES TO COMPARE GRAIN SIZES. PLEASE NOTE: Due to its natural harvesting process, French Sea Salt may arrive slightly damp because of moisture in the salts (varying range of dry to damp is normal depending on the harvest).
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Here at the San Francisco Salt Company we are confident that you will be completely satisfied with our products, which is why we stand behind every single item that we sell. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase reach out to us directly and we will make it right.
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- UPC: 817678010206
- #174 in Sea Salts
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.