“Splits” are often preferred by large producers of vanilla extract because
they usually have a higher vanillin content. Splitting can occur during
growing or curing. They are not “used” beans. Non-split beans are known as
whole beans. These beans are excellent for making vanilla extract. For
cooking, where you want to split the beans and/or scrape out the caviar, you
should use Grade A Gourmet vanilla beans. Our beans are traditionally cured
over several months to ensure that the full flavor of the vanilla bean is
developed. We do not sell quick cured vanilla beans where the beans are cured
in 7 to 10 days. These vanilla beans are triple inspected. The first
inspection takes place during packing and is for smell, appearance, and mold.
The next inspection takes place during vacuum sealing and is for mold and
appearance. The final inspection takes place before shipment to ensure that
the vacuum seal is intact and that there is no mold. Some facts about vanilla
beans: – Bourbon refers to the formerly named Bourbon Islands (now Reunion)
off of Madagascar. Bourbon alcohol is not used in vanilla beans. – Vanilla
beans are the second most labor intensive spice after saffron. – They
originated in Mexico. – Vanilla beans must be hand pollinated outside of
Mexico because the pollinator, the Melipona bee, cannot survive outside of
Mexico. – When the vanilla orchid blooms, it must be pollinated within 24
hours or else the boom dies and no vanilla pod is produced for that bloom. –
Vanilla is an orchid, and the beans are the fruit of the orchid. – It is the
only orchid fruit that we eat. – There are over 200 organic compounds in
vanilla. Artificial vanilla (vanillin) cannot capture the complexity of
- Use these vanilla beans for making vanilla extract. Use Grade A Gourmet for cooking.
- Traditionally cured to ensure full flavor
- Grown in Madagascar
- Your vanilla beans are vacuum packed
- Vanilla beans by Vanilla Products USA are triple inspected for quality
- Shipping Weight: 0.6 ounces
- #114 in Vanilla Beans
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.