After five long years, the new studio album from Tool is
ready. Are you? With just one EP and three album releases over a 15 year span,
Tool has created a loyal and even rabid fan base, selling over 10 million
albums and half a million videos in the U.S. alone. The first track from
Tool’s highly anticipated new release will impact the world in April with the
album release on May 2nd. With a majority of the songs on 10,000
Days clocking in well past the seven-minute mark, you wouldn’t be entirely
mistaken in thinking that the title of the album refers to how long it
actually takes to make it through the whole thing. Two of the tracks–the
sitar and tabla enhanced “10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)” and its suitably epic
psych-rock sister “Rosetta Stoned”–even linger on for nearly a dozen
leisurely minutes each. That’s delightful news for the legion of Tool fans
that have been waiting five years for the follow-up to 2001’s Lateralus, which
debuted at number one and sold 2.3 million copies in the United States. Singer
Maynard James Keenan is back on mystical form after his hiatus with the
politically slanted A Perfect Circle, sounding at once ethereal and eloquent
as he calmly charges through the metal tempest of the opening track
“Vicarious.” The rest of the band, meanwhile, hits a series of high-flying
moments with tracks such as “Jambi” and “The Pot.” When Tool sounds as good as
it does on these songs it’s hard to get enough. Which makes it all the more
baffling that a surprisingly large chunk of the disc is given over to mood-
enhancing soundscapes like “Lost Keys” and “Vigniti Tres.” Who has time for
filler? –Aidin Vaziri
- Audio CD (May 2, 2006)
- Original Release Date: May 2, 2006
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Sony Legacy
- Run Time: 76 minutes
- #2 in Progressive Metal
- #3 in Alternative Metal (CDs & Vinyl)
Unless noted Otherwise in the Item Description, we ship all orders within 2 business days of payment.
Most items are shipped within one business day via UPS within the Continental United States.
- Canada shipment can take up to 10 days
- Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico shipment can take up to 10 days, and some items may not be permitted to ship to these locations.
- If any shipment is not permitted to your area, full refund will be issued within two business days.
All returns accepted within 30 days after receiving the item.
- Refund given as money back (no exchanges)
- Return Shipping to be paid by buyer, unless item defective or damaged.
- 15% Restocking fee applies unless return due to defective or damaged product.
- Perishable or Hazardous Goods are not returnable. Returns may require compliance with Manufacturer policies.
We take our reputation seriously. We buy and sell online, so we understand the value of trust. If you are unsatisfied with your order for any reason, please Contact Us and we will work with you to resolve it to your satisfaction.